• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my k7n2g-l, but I got a problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

I just received my k7n2gl from xtreme gear and i was very happy :D. But, i opened up the unplastic-wrapped box and i notice something very strange. I look at the motherboard and i noticed that the pasive cooling unit for the nforce 2 chip had one of its sockets disconnected leaving the cooling unit free to roam and crash around in the motherboard. I dont know what type of damage came from this. I noticed that there are scratches on the red pcb board and that it now looks like deep grey gash marks. I was ****ed off and curious at the same time. Will this still work correctly? I installed it and everything seemed ok until i was installing the drivers for my creative audigy 2. I disabled the onboard sound so there shouldn't have been a problem, i also installed several drivers without restarting before i installed the audigy drivers. I left the computer for about 3 minutes, came back and noticed that my computer had totally trashed itself. The video resolution was set to something like 600x480 at 16 colors. It was very sluggish too. After 10 minutes of waiting for it to restart, it booted back into windows and it seemed as though nothing happened. Reinstalled the audigy drivers again and nothing. Was this a fluke? Or will it happen again? Should i RMA this motherboard?

they had a fairly high rating, thats why i went with them. Damnit, i should have gone with newegg for a few bucks more. Save myself the hassel. Anyways, this is an update: THE BOARD IS DEAD! I guess the damage took it out. It stop posting permanently. I tried different vid cards, diff mem, hs, cpu and nothing. Even tried the standard cmos erasures and fail safe jumper settings. Nothing happened, damn xtreme gear. I sent them an email, hopefully i get my money back or an rma. If i dont, i'm going to return the board and contact my credit card company to dispute the charge. THIS SUCKS:mad:

Back