• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck at 178fsb...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

My system...

8rda
2400+
slk-900U heatsink/w vantec stealth 92mm
512mb HyperX pc3500
Radeon 9700PRO/w Zalman heatpipe cooler.
Antec truepower 300W
Passive NB cooling
Used AS3 on everything

at 178x14
1.825v
idle temp = 36C
Load temp = 41C
Depending on ambient temp the idle will drop as low as 32C. Load temp will drop as well.

My problem...
I can't go higher than 178fsb, no matter how low I drop the multiplier, how high I raise Vcore, or how low the temps are. It is completly stable at this speed, but won't even post above 180. It has booted up fine a couple times at 180, but won't run prime95 or 3dmark. Has anyone experienced such a low fsb max on an 8rda? I'm at a loss. I was contemplating going water or peltier cooled, but I'm not going to bother if there's something wrong with my board. Any suggestions?

What is your vdimm? You may need to bump it up some for your ram to be ok at higher fsb's. Also, how are your voltages? 300w seems a little low to be powering a 2.5ghz rig.

What is your VDD voltage also?

Maybe your PSU? You have alot of high end hardware for a 300 watt PSU (even if it is an Antec true power). Do you have a multimeter to check your rails?....especially your 3 rail.....

Is the NB making good contact with the heatsink? I would also slap a fan on top of the NB heatsink...

Maybe mess around with MEM timings as well....?

nYmph

Last edited:
Seems odd. Try using By SPD for your memory speed timing. And get some active cooling for your NB.

ok..

Lowered mem speed to cas2.5 and the syste will run stable at 205fsb. However, I don't think I should have to slow down the timings on my HyperX 3500 to get this speed. I ordered a copper iceberg for the NB, but at cas2 it won't even post, so my feeling is that it's a mem problem and not a board problem.

Back