• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power temp = 125.5C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RockerII

What does it mean when the bios reports the power temp to be 125.5 C. It doesn't report anything until i have a reboot due to overclocking too far. Then it says that. CPU and case temps are fine. Mobo is a p4b533. I've put arctic silver 3 on the northbridge hs and put a fan on the hs but it was doing this before.

i guess that would be either you psu's voltage regulator temp or your cpu's mofset temp, either way it seems a little high. I remember reading somewhere that mofset usually run at about 90-100C, so i guess it would be the same for the psu.

It's not my psu because i don't have any thermistors in it which can read to the mobo. It has to be the mosfets. It's strange because it will only give me 125.5c or say N/A. Stability isn't affected.

It's a BS reading from a fan monitor wire AFAIK.

My PS has such a two-wire lead that can be plugged into the mainboard (3wire plug) to read the fan speed. MBM can then also pick up a temp reading, which is pure nonsense. I think mine read 123C steady hehe.

use MBM5 if you're going to use anything. or if you're really ambitios try putting in a diode next to the cpu. there's a how-to i think somewhere...

Back