• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are There Still Nforce2 BIOS Corruption Problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

I remember hearing all the jazz about BIOS corruption back when the nForce2 first came out and shortly thereafter, but I haven't heard much on it in a while. Is this still a problem? Do you still have to do a save-then-exit routine? I ask because I'm looking at getting an 8RDA or NF7 to replace my aging Iwill. Thanks guys.

the latest bios for the 8rda does a funny thing when you make changes. It reboots, then a black screen with a red box comes up that says "bios flash, do not power off system", then it rebootes again. I think this may be to prevent the bios corruption that people were getting.

WyrmMaster said:
the latest bios for the 8rda does a funny thing when you make changes. It reboots, then a black screen with a red box comes up that says "bios flash, do not power off system", then it rebootes again. I think this may be to prevent the bios corruption that people were getting.
ppl are suspecting that is boots at fail-safe speeds and then flashes. the new nf7-s rev2.0 does this too.

Back