• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg really did me right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

I recently placed an order from newegg for almost $600 worth of stuff. Two things were doa-a case that was damaged, and a mouse that never worked. Their rma policy says that a refund will be subject to a 15% restocking fee, and the mouse is only returnable for an exchange, not a refund. I called and asked them what they could do. The guy had to check with his supervisor, but they ended up not only waiving the restocking fee, they are allowing me to return the mouse for a refund! Now that's customer service. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt that I've bought over $2600 of stuff from them in the last year. This is the first problem I've had with anything from them. Needless to say, I'm satisfied!

Yeah they are pretty good.

I rma'd y DOA mobo and it worked out well.

All this love for Newegg. I have never used them before. I have always been able to find items for cheeper elsewhere. I didn't start using resellerrating until recently, but now i live by it. Seems i need to give Newegg a chance. Sadly they don't sell the one Digicam im looking for Nikon coolpix4300. Well phooey.

At least on the stuff I buy, I hardly ever find it much cheaper. Maybe a few bucks, but that's it. To me, a few bucks isn't worth the risk. They have so consistently done me so well it's unbelievable. I guess if I found something way cheaper elsewhere that had a good resellerratings score, I would buy it there. Other than that it's newegg for me.

Pretty much everything piece of hardware I have came from newegg, except the case/psu and cpu which came from monarch computer (who also has a good reseller rating). I must say, newegg rocks. I will be buying everything from them from here on out. Not that I have anything against monarch, of course. :)

IF the case was damaged and the mouse was DOA they should give you your money back, no question. They can deal with the shipper and get you your product in working order. This should be the standard and not an example of exemplary service. I shop at newegg and have had all good dealings but still thats my point. If you order it, wait for it, finally get it and its wrong, and go buy it somewhere else there is no way in hell you should have to pay a restocking fee for something thats wrong on there end.

I've had pretty decent experience with Newegg, though they stopped doing will call from what I can tell. Never went to pick up anything from them though. As far as I know they modeled themselves after Mwave.com, which I do a fair amount of will call with. They used to have very similar webpage menu and policy, etc... I guess either former employees or people who felt mwave was a good model, well mwave moved into a new building so I guess they run well.

briman1000 said:
IF the case was damaged and the mouse was DOA they should give you your money back, no question. They can deal with the shipper and get you your product in working order. This should be the standard and not an example of exemplary service.

Yeah, you're right that it should be standard. Sad to say though, it isn't these days. So, in reality, their service is far better than average in my opinion. Maybe not better than average 30 years ago, but better than average now.

Back