• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7 multiplier gave me 15???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

OK. So I decided to try burning in my chip in the hopes of lowering the necessary vcore for my overclocks. I proceeded to change the dip switch on my rev. 1.1 vaxp tp 100 mhz FSB and 7 multiplier. When I booted up, lo and behold, the FSB showed up correctly at 100 mhz, but the mutliplier was at 15. Why is that?

For the time being, I just switched it backed to auto (13) and with the 100 FSB I'm burning in at 1.92 volts with prime95. Now, i thought that i had all the lower multiplier unlocked with this board and chip but it would seem that I can access the higher ones... Any idea of what happened?

I think that happens when you are on default FSB, ie 100 or 133. If you try at 103 or 136 FSB itshould go to 7x.
Hood

oh.... i c. wait, so does that mean I can access all the upper multiplers on non-default FSB settings (i mean, is there some systematic way to figure out the dip switch settings)?

Seems to be you can get some of the higher multis by using the dips, but as soon as you bump up the FSB it defaults to what it is supposed to be, so not any good for OCing really. I remember someone on AMDMB found the dips that worked the higher multis, he was very excited until he changed the FSB and it dropped back to normal :-(
Hood

i found that i can get get the 15 and 17 i think. i can overclock a little but my chip can't get over 2.4 stable. with out better cooling.

Back