• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAX no 166 FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quegyboe

Hey people, I just traded my GA-7VA for a 7VAX and I realized, after taking this board home, that there is no dip switch or 166 FSB!!! The 7VA had dip switch settings for 100/133/166 settings, but this board doesn't?!?! The board is the rev 1.2 board. The bios doesn't even allow FSB options above 164mhz FSB! I'm quite dissapointed with this problem. I used to run 11x182 on the 7VA and now I'm forced to run 15x133!!!! This blows! Are there any user modded BIOS files out there which give full FSB options?

What you can do is join the solder dots right next to SW1 with wire, conductive paint or similar and you will have 166FSB again. The Rev 1.2 is actually better as you can get multis of up to 18x but its drawback is that you have to do the joining to get 166FSB. If you need more info either do a search here or post and I will find a link for you.
Hood

Posting back here. I think I know what your talking about but there are 4 points there. Which two points do I join? Wanna show me a pic?

Thanks for the help Hood but I just took back the 7VAX and I'm gonna go pick me up an NForce2 mobo.

Back