• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ VDD Mod question!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zork

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the mod without a variable resister, just with a resister of a specific ohm, which would yield a result of 1.8v. The reason I am asking this is becaue I do not have access to a voltmeter, or is there a good way to guess what resistance you have the variable resister set to by counting the number of turns?????

Thanks

Thanks a million, really appreciate this. I'm gonna be shooting for 1.80v, I think that should be safe. Now only if today was tomarrow, thats when my board is supposed to arrive. :)

Also, has anyone had any luck using the SMD grabbers for this mod, like i said i havent recieved my board yet, but plan on doing this mod. I have a couple of SMD grabbers but dont know how tight the fit will be, i guess what i am asking is there enough room under the chip and around the legs for these grabbers to even be considered??

JonSPD and I both use the grabbers.. I haven't had any problems with it holding. Just when moving the box around check to make sure it or your ground didn't come off or touching anything else.

OnDborder said:
JonSPD and I both use the grabbers.. I haven't had any problems with it holding. Just when moving the box around check to make sure it or your ground didn't come off or touching anything else.

I agree totally smd grabbers are the way to mod with out fuc**** s*** up and you just have to make sure if you remove vcard and other stuff to check the connection of it and as soon as it boots go to bios and look @ the vdd voltage.

Did you still have to solder the connections? I'd like to do this with hot glue instead... I'm dangerous with an iron.

No, you don't have to solder.. Except it might be best to solder the wire to the resistor ends.. You don't have to solder onto the grabber.
What I did was attach a longer wire to the grabber, solder the end to the resistor, shrink wrap the connection for insulation. On the other end I did the same except instead of the grabber I used the female fan header for grounding.

Back