• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how off is the temperature sensor on the Abit nf7s rev 1.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
after testing it with a thermal probe its only a couple degrees lower than the actual DIE temp, so its pretty accurate. That was with BIOS 16

mine reads 10c to high i know for a fact. with bios 16 also.
my h20 temps are 9.5c and reports 31c idle and 36 load.
is no way thats correct.its definetly reporting 10c to high on mine.

i use a digi probe on my h20 btw

I too used to think that my temps were 10 degrees too high....but I guess that was just from using an inaccurate sensor for so long.

hehe i cant hear mine at all. well mabey if i stick my head in my case i can hear some vibrations from low rpm fans.

i have one in my NB of course stock one.
and a 80mm running 3.3v over my mosfets and my true power is silent also.nice nice nice i love quiet!

i hated my volcano 7+ with a 6000rpm screaming hair dryer!

jeff can you post your temps and settings so i can look at that myself?
as i see mine and ive used other mobos on this exact settings also.and it all adds up to 10c high on mine.

my h20 is 9.5c and there is no way my cpu is 18c over that.that would mean my h20 system just lost half of its perfomance when changing from the 8rda to the abit.thats not possable unless the abit over reports.

post your info so i can compare pls.

ok, with the In-socket probe reading 37, the thermal probe I put on reads about 39-40. Its accurate because I tested against the on die temp with my KD7. I wish these boards would use it :(

yes thats abits BIG screwup is no diode reading! abit fix that!

well i was getting 29c@load 2.1v 2.4ghz h20 temp was 9c
this was correct in my book,it was on my 8rda.i think my an78x was reading high like this mobo i think.

Back