• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Nforce 2 C1 stepping..... GREAT for ocin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tight, i have a C1 stepping nforce2 spp on my 8rda+ that i just got from newegg... i can't run aggressive timings @ 200mhz with my stick of XMS3200 :/ no post at 210mhz fsb either :/

I just ordered a Chipset cooler kit though along with my second stick of xms3200, I'll see what she can do after i put those on.

Last edited:
i posted similier info 2 days ago. not like it matters but ive just been following this also. and yes what your saying does seem to be true.

so far this is showing up on the abit nf7-s and the 8rda.
and every single person who has recieved the 18d are doing well over 200fsb.

these are the 2 main mobos i feel the hardcore ocers use anyhow.
i still dont get why epox wont activly cool the NB tho.
same reason abit uses in socket thermisitors i guess. couse they want people to complin i think!

I guess they both have their reasons(cost most likely, and the fact that OCers are not the only people that buy their mobos ;)).

Ontopic, I want one of them new 18D chipset based 8RDA+, 'cause mine sucks right now, I barely get 185MHz FSB sync :(

Thank You for the clarafication Glock didnt know they were the same as Intel steppings:rolleyes:

I quoted the wrong post. I meant the post after yours, that states they can not run at 200FSB with the new C1 NB. And I was pointing out that the new C1 supported 400Mhz DDR.

Very nice. I'm wondering if I should buy Cisco Kids' 8RDA+ or just go out and buy a new 8RDA with this new chipset. I want to be pretty much garenteed I can run 10x200! Opinions?

quegyboe said:
Very nice. I'm wondering if I should buy Cisco Kids' 8RDA+ or just go out and buy a new 8RDA with this new chipset. I want to be pretty much garenteed I can run 10x200! Opinions?

There is no guarantee that the new C1 will still run at 200FSB even is it if supported. This new stepping seems to be like the A2 and A3...some will, some wont. I would wait for a little bit, I am willing to bet that there will be a lot of RMA's on the first revision of the C1. Plus the C1 does not give any more headroom for OCing, just the 400DDR support.

glock19owner said:

There is no guarantee that the new C1 will still run at 200FSB even is it if supported. This new stepping seems to be like the A2 and A3...some will, some wont. I would wait for a little bit, I am willing to bet that there will be a lot of RMA's on the first revision of the C1. Plus the C1 does not give any more headroom for OCing, just the 400DDR support.
i dont see why it wont run at 200fsb. it is meant for 200fsb bartons.

i dont see why it wont run at 200fsb. it is meant for 200fsb bartons.

many will run 200 and even higher.

But

200 is only garunteed if the cpu is a barton core. this is because at 200 your no longer overclocking with a barton. all other chips are not garunteed to be able to use 200 fsb because you would be overlcocking and when overclocking, luck plays a huge part of the process.

Back