• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA8IEXP Audio problema

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocko

I've been having a horrid sound/modem conflict for a few weeks now. I'm running a P4 on a gigabyte ga-8iexp and I' using the onboard audio (Creative AC97). Poor me has to use a modem to connect to the internet. Sometimes when I'm playing music or running a game the sound will crackle and cut out. As far as I know whatever pitiful sound device is on my voice modem (3Com 5695) is trying to take over from the nice Creative audio :mad: Even stranger is the fact that, in the "sound and audio devices" thingy in the control panel, when I try to disable the modem's sound the Creative audio gets disabled too. The only way to get the sound to work is to have the modem's sound devices operating at the same time as my real sound devices, but that configuration inevitably screws up. Anyone got a clue as to what's going on here?

Hi!

First, I don't think the onboard Creative Audio Chip is working with an AC97 Codec. Its a full Creative SoundBlaster 16 with the CT5880 chip on the mainboard with the revision number 1.2.

The new release of the mainboard (v2.0) uses a Realtek AC97 codec.

If you have problems, try to use BIOS Version F4 to test your problem again. I have sound issues with the Audigy card and BIOSes newer than version F4. Also my TV-Card (Hauppauge WinTV FM PCI) makes some troble with these BIOSes.

Greetings,
Timo

Back