• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel appliaction accelerator and chipset drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

I currently have the intel application accelerator v.2.1, and the chipset drivers that came with my abit bd7II mobo.

I went on the intel website and saw that the newest version of the intel application accelerator is v.2.3, should i download it or leave my computer working as it is?
Also where can i get the latest chipset drivers for my mobo, and do i really need them?

I don't have any stability issues at the moment.

Having up to date chipset drivers (.inf files) is a good thing. Having the latest Intel application accelerator drivers is probably not as important. Although, I personally would probably install the newest ones. I would also download all the mobo drivers and stuff like that from the motherboard's homepage, that way you know they were tested on your specific mobo. Maybe do some benchmarking before and after, then report back to us with your findings?

Back