• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7 Chipset mods?...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoonieRat

Anybody know how to up the NorthBridge/Chipset voltage?, what it runs at default?(1.5Volt or 3.5volt?), where you measure the voltage? (the two mosfets under the IDE sockets?)...

Please help, the NB is holding me back bigtime. I can run memtest and Prime95 @ 200FSB (relaxed timings) but any 3D/Graphics will crash at anything above 175~180FSB!!. It's not the graphics card or PCI devices, they run fine at80/45mhz+, I've run them high with the dividers at a lower than 180+FSB and they pass go ;) . So it looks like the NB can't handle Graphics @ high FSB speeds?...

Any help input appreciated :) ...

That's a thought to something interesting. Were you thinking that because it's possible with the NVidia chipsets that VIA can be modded too? I am as curious as you but for the KT400 that I have. Hope somebody that nows something about this replies.

I've seen a pic of the chipset mod on a KX7 but there was no details with it on which resistors to use. It was at Xtremesystems forum which is dead as a dodo now!!, so I'm not sure which pin was used for the mod (I think it was pin5 but I'm not chancing it), I need to know where the voltage is measured to see how much increase I'm giving it as well...

It is definatly possible, it just was'nt in vouge then as it is now, or it was'nt as widely know/accepted that it affected high FSB speeds greatly...

Man I really need the vcore mod for the kx7 and I have looked for hours for it but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know the wire mod instead? I can't find that either.

I hav'nt got the pic, it was in a sticky in an Xtremesys forum, it was a variable as well :p , but the guy never said what ballpark it was in or what resistance to aim for....

If you need the Documentation to Volt mod your KX7333~KX7333-R, I can Send this to you via E-mail, I saved the documents from a long time ago translated from German to English with photos. Only problem is they do not say if you should use 1/4watt or 1/2watt Resistors But If you want this Document (Saved in WORD 2000 format).. Just let me know where to E-mail it and I will be Happy to :D

Have yourself a great day now ya`hear?

DpGravy

Do you mean the V~Core mod for batsstab or the chipset/northbridge mod?...

These mods are for the VCore and Vmem Regulators only :(

Wasn't aware that there was a Voltage Mod for the NorthBridge & SouthBridge on the KT333's :eek: Learn something new every day I guess! Hehe :D

DpGravy! :cool:

Back