• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my A7V333 be able to hold it's own OC'ing my 1700+ Tbred??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

Hey everyone,

My XP1700+ Rev. 2 JIUHB 0310UMPW is on it's way and I want to know if my A7V333 will hold me back from getting the highest possible OC with the rest of my setup (see sig). What I mean I guess is performance compared with newer mobo's (Abit NF7-S, Asus A7N8X, Epox 8RGA+). Thanks for the input everyone.

i think that the a7v333 is a good mobo but the benifits of owning an nforce2 mobo is that u dont have to worry about pci speeds since they are locked. I think the max u will be able to go with the a7v333 will be 180-185 fsb (not too sure it depends on ur pci cards but most cant run past 36-38). U can always up the multip at 180 fsb or u can get a better mobo and lower multip at 200-220 fsb

You will definitely be able to find out what the max speed of your cpu will be, unfortunately, it'll have to be with a lower FSB and higher multi. The A7V333 is one of the most overclockable and stable kt333 mobos out but it's becoming obsolete due to the new kt400 and NF2 mobos out right now.

I've gotten my tbred b to 2640mhz but can't maximize on my RAM because I can't run over 188fsb w/ this tbred/kt333 chipset combo.

maxima88 said:
I've gotten my tbred b to 2640mhz but can't maximize on my RAM because I can't run over 188fsb w/ this tbred/kt333 chipset combo.

It's good to hear I'll be able to max out the chip. Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "maximize on my RAM"? I'm rather new to the RAM aspect of OC'ing.

Back