• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios flash problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomchong

my motherboard is the ga-6vtxe(-A) and i need to flash the bios to use a pIII tulatin processor. the instructions on their website says that i need to make a dos boot disk and then says that win 2000/me/xp users arent allowed to make dos boot disks! im using windows me and i dont have a clue how to flash my bios, theres gotta be a way, someone help me out here, thanx in advance!

Have you got a floppy drive? Know anyone who has W98, or 95? If you do a search for boot disk, we've just about beat this to death in the last ten days or so. In the upper right corner of your screen right now, use the search and just ask for "boot disk".

yes i have i floppy drive, no all my friends have xp and i alredy have a boot disk for windows me. The instructions on how to flash the bios which i posted a link to above say that i need a dos boot disk and that win 2000/me/xp users cant make dos boot disks. Also the flash files do not fit on the regular windows me startup disk and ive never flashed a bios before, so i dont know any other methods of doing it, if any. Can someone give me some tips?!

Do the bios files need to be on a floppy disk for a bios flash to be successful? because i can use the command prompt in the windows me startup menu to find the files on my c drive and flash from there. or would that screw things up?

Back