• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7-S with NB water block or stock cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

Just got the r2.0 from newegg today and am putting the sig rig togather.

I'm going to do the pencil trick to get about 1.7v for the NB @ default and go from there. That little orb looking cooler looks to be pretty good for stock cooling. Should I put a water block on it if I plan on running up the voltage to about 1.85?

This board kick some serious butt. I was kind of disapointed in Abit when it first came out, but my favorite all time board maker has really come through with these new revisions.

ty for the info. im gonna order another nf7 and pray for a rev2.
im more than happy with my 1.2 that does 230fsb but i need a backup. this should fill the bill nicely :D

btw the stock nb hs/fan should be fine to 1.85v but id try and max it out before vdd modding even with the pencil. i get 230 without a vdd mod.these new rev2 should even top that.

above 1.85vdd id h20 cool it.

Holly chickens!

230 w/ a mear (meer, mirror, mere sp?) 1.7 volts?

Thank is one kickass board!

EDIT: does the vcore undervolt? I want to get upto 2.1 atleast. That will probably be my limit, but it is always nice to have the option to go higher.

I'll do the vmod if need be.

Last edited:
Back