• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few Question on the illusive Abit NF7????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

I just have a couple of questions about abit's NF7. WHat is the diff. between the NF7 and the NF7-S? Also i will be running and xp1700+ and 2 sticks of pc2700 ddr ram. Do i need to get the NF7-s rev2.0? I was only looking to spend around the price of an NF7 but i you really think ineed it i guess i could shell out.
Thanx
BTW: yes i will try to oc the system.

The NF7-S has onboard sound. That's about the only difference. You might as well wait and see if they fix the bios corruption issues before you buy anything. If you don't want to wait, just get the v1.2 and the bios kit from www.excaliberpc.com

Acording to the instructions:
All three versions of the NF7 have on-board sound (NF7, NF7-M, and NF7-S).

The NF7-M has on-board GF4MX.

The NF7-S has support for SATA and IEEE 1394.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on the RAM. I just received my board an hour ago and have yet to enter the DDR realm.

Actually, so far, the book does not mention anything about dual channel RAM. The board does have two of the three RAM slots seperated from the other one. But this could mean squat. From what I've read around the forums, the dual channel doesn't offer significant improvement in an AMD system. That's all I know so far.

Last edited:
You don't Need a rev. 2.0 unless you want to wait for them to work the bugs out of it and come up with updated BIOS etc. if you get a 2.0 that works good you're fine, if not you're stuck there until updates arrive. The dual channel memory is active when you use memory slots 1&3 or 2&3, the 2 slots closest to each other are on one memory controller, the one by itself is on the other.:D

Back