• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V8X Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jason944t

Registered
Anyone bought one of these,are they good for ocing I have a t-bred 1700 B,512 and 256 sticks of 2100 ddr and Asus 4200ti video. What do you think i will be able to oc to Thanks

Do a search of the forums for that mobo, seems theres some mixed feelings about it. Some peeps like it alot, some have had some bad experiences out of it. And Asus has never been known for having the best customer service either. It's a pot luck thing in my opinion.:cool:

So far I have had pretty good luck with this board.
My FSB is a bit limited, I can get to about 189-190, never above though, not sure if its the northbridge, but I know my memory can handle.

Overall Im very pleased though. Plenty of tweak options for overclocking.

But im getting 2.275 ghz stable so it definitely can overclock.

Its a pretty solid board, but you may want to look into Nforce 2 chipset... or... wait a tiny bit for the kt400a.

I like this motherboard, but if I had to chance, I would've bought a nforce2 chipset board. At the time, I purchased the A7V8X at newegg refurbished. sigh...

11.5x187 at 1.8v(well the maximum allowed). At 188, my bios gets screwed up and nothing happens. Wish I had a 1/6 divider...

you can go up to 2 volts. 1.8 isnt the max.

There is an overvolt jumper that will up the vcore by .2v.

so for me i have vcore set to 1.6 in bios, but jumper is switched so its at 1.8v and ic an go up to 2v if i wanted or needed to.

But yeah... fsb seems to get maxed at 189 for me. I think its the northbridge, my sensors in MBM show its hotter than my cpu, Im going to put a better heatsink with maybe a fan and AS3 to see if I can squeeze a few more mhz.

Back