• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIA P4MA PRO & Unlocked CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawk

I just bought 3 of these motherboards (VIA P4MA PRO ) for 3 unlocked chips I have.(2.4GHz / 400MHz FSB)
The choice for setting the multiplier is only 12-18 and when I set the FSB to above 110 is defaults back to 100. The most I have been able to get from this known good 2.4GHz ES is 1.9GHz.
The unlocked chip seems to be confusing the heck out of the MB.
Anyone got an idea what might help? I am going to flash the BIOS when I get home. I really like this little board because it has onboard every thing and is 8"x9.6" which allows a lot of these boards to fit in a small area. (Folding monster) So I would be happy with just 2.4 from these rigs.
Help if you can.
Thanks,
Hawk

DAWM! How did you get unloced CPUs. I don't really care if it is legal or not. And can I do it at home. Overclocking is not supported by Intel either so there is no point.

If you are scared in telling me in public board then just PM me.
This is so sweeeeet.

overclocker23 said:
DAWM! How did you get unloced CPUs. I don't really care if it is legal or not. And can I do it at home. Overclocking is not supported by Intel either so there is no point.

If you are scared in telling me in public board then just PM me.
This is so sweeeeet.
I got the chips because I work at intel. My team is letting me use their chips for the folding project. These chips were left unlocked by intel.

Back