• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking or Springdale?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The article is saying that Intel isn't allowing any other company to make chipsets that support the 800MHz FSB Intel processors. The Taiwanese will still be allowed to make motherboards that use Intel's Springdale and Canterwood chipsets.

So you are saying that no other mobo will have official support for 800MHz FSBother then intel? if thats the case.. that sucks.....

raven

raven said:
So you are saying that no other mobo will have official support for 800MHz FSBother then intel? if thats the case.. that sucks.....

raven
not really y does it matter via/sis suck anyways,might bad for pricing but how much can it go?

Yeah, SiS and VIA apparently won't be able to make chipsets that support the 800MHz FSB processors but companies like Asus and Abit will still be able to make mobos that use Intel's Springdale chipset.

Anything that eliminates competition stinks for the consumer.

oOOO ok.. lol.. i thought that only INTEL itself would be able to make mobo's with official 800mhz support and no liek abit/asus/gigabyte and company..... lol.. so nwo i get it.. thanks

raven

Intel will be giving officiall support (a lisence) for 3rd party Chipset makerks once it has launched its own Chipsets that support a 800FSB.

ok.. *phew* as long as Abit, Asus and Gigabytre make the canterwood boards, i'll be fine...

btw jAY, arnt you supposed to have blue stars?

raven

raven said:
ok.. *phew* as long as Abit, Asus and Gigabytre make the canterwood boards, i'll be fine...

btw jAY, arnt you supposed to have blue stars?

raven

the blue stars are broken so i traded them in for some orange ones...
If they fix the blue ones, i might try them out again

every new pice of hardware isn't cheap ,
so cantrewood and springdale will not be exception
too bad for as :(

Back