• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K9A bios flash made machine go crazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiljaden5

This is a repost from the EPoX boards:

I just flashed my bios to the newest posted on the epox site... I followed all the instructions and made sure my machine wasn't OCd at the time, used to be clocked like in my sig...

so i flashed the bios, everything looks fine.. I reboot and it hangs before it starts the memory test, I wasn't even able to "load optimized defaults" as the last step suggested...

so i opened the case to see whats up, took out my stick of ram to make sure its fine and put it back in..

booted up again, got into bios and loaded optimized defaults, saved and exited... machine rebooted and what do you know it again froze while saying "Memory Testi"

If i turn it off and back on, same thing happens... If I turn it off, wait 5 mins, turn it back on, I'm able to get in the bios and go through the options and everything but it won't load windows, it'll freeze with a black screen...

should I restore my old bios if I even can? whats going on with my rig?

UPDATE:
When attempting to boot from the floppy that I flashed the bios from (Boot disk) I get invalid system disk error messages... and at this point, sometimes when I reboot it doesn't even post...

could a bios flash have fried my cpu?!?!

another update:

I checked to make sure my CPU wasn't fried, it was't.. I think for some reason my bios chip died

where do I get another one?

yet another update:
It seems to me that the new bios caused my bios not to detect my file systems on anything.. i can't even set up windows on my hard drive again although it would format....

my options now are:
get a new bios chip somehow
OR
get a new motherboard

is it even worth it to bother with a new bios chip??

Back