• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wishkah

Ok.. First of all I just installed a new Barton 2500+ and also a stick of 512MB Corsair 3200 XMS. I need help in setting this up for optimal performance. My 3D scores and Sandra scores don't look very good. In Sandra my memory is scoring less than a stick of pc2700. If anyone out there has some good hints at setting this up please let me know. I only have stock air cooling (retail). Thanks for the help!

I think the reason its only comparable to pc2700 (333ddr) is because that is what ur fsb is set at and that is what your memory is also running at. You would need to get your fsb up to 200mhz to take full advantage of the memory or run the memory asynch to get those speeds. THat may be difficult with your limited amount of cooling though.

Thanks for input so far. Majkmil mem. stats worked great. what about settings as far as fsb and multiplier. What would a good heatsink and fan do? The stock fan I got with this is pretty darn good considering what I had before :). Just a note... whatever I learn from this, if someone else is asking the same questions I will gladly answer them!

Back