• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ or 8RGA+....which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the only differences, as far as I know, is that the 8RGA+ has on board video, the Geforce4 MX440 chip..

8RDA+ is what everyone is getting for overclocking

Like Footba stated...it does not need a VDD mod...its has the VDD voltage options in the BIOS...from 1.6v's to 2.0v's...that is the main reason why people are getting it and the reason why it can achieve 210 - 220FSB DC right out of the box.

No, but many people are volt modding it to achieve higher speeds. If you solder a variable 1kohm resistor there you can adjust the voltage.. so it depends on if you want to mod a motherboard..

It comes as a BIOS option in 8RGA+ though.. 1.6/1.8/2.0 V.. there is now also an 8RGA version (i.e. non-plus) with no firewire and no lan if I rember it correctly..

Which one?

8RGA for me. It's got the VDD adjustment in BIOS. You can easily disable the integrated graphics. The Northbridge will also overclock well since it's only going to be equal or better than the newest 8RDA steppings.

Back