• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x deluxe/audigy issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electraglide

I have recently started to experience a "glitch" in BattleZone2. I have reinstalled everything to try to get rid of it. In game play, The screen will freeze, for less than a millisecond and the sound will squek, pop or scratch, sometimes, you wont even see the video glitch but youu'll definately hear the sound. All on board options have been disabled, except the nvidia LAN, I locked the agp speed to 66 mhz. I treid to see if this happens in 1942, but it doesnt. I recently went to raid 0 but like i said, i reinstalled everyhting. Any ideas?
:(

barton 2500 @ 2214.70
system bus @ 354.35
system clock @177.18
Multiplier @ 12.5

Max temp so far 129 after 10 hours of prime95 torture test
Golden orb 3 fan getting replaced with slk-800 and panasonic fan

CPU volt 1.825 and tried 1.8 seems to have no effect on temp or performance:)

Tried the newest drivers for your devices (and chipset)?

How about other games?

What OS are you using?

Does it happen when it's not OCed?

Tell me more. :)

well, being that im self employed, my game time is limited, I game(play ,lol) BattleZone 2 online and 1942, It crackles in battlezone 2 only, I havent tried it without oc'ing. I just got my 1003 bios chip (bios crashed durring a save and corrupted chip) with 1003. i also went out and got a usb keyboard

Audigy drivers are the latest,
Windows XP pro with fat32
It almost seems to coincide with the installation of the 2 seagate V serial ata's and switching to onboard raid striped(0)
In 1942, i do notice when the screen refreshes(sometimes)
I am running a bit warmer than I want 116f at idle and running torture test along with 4 other apps, has gotten to 129f, so a slk800 is on its way with a panaflo fan, the zalman 6000 couldnt cool the cpu and the draogon orb3 is barely keeping up. so, its clocked down again for the time being
:rolleyes:

Why are you using an Audigy, instead of the onboard sound. My Asus A7N8X has MUCH better sound than my Audigy.

Also, you will get more FPS with the onboard sound than using an Audigy. This article compared the Audigy 2 and several other sound cards and onboard sound solutions, to see which ones impacted gaming performance the most. The Nforce2 APU beat every single sound solution tested.

Make sure you are using the Nforce2 drivers distributed by Asus, too, as they are a customized version of the Nvidia reference drivers, and have a couple improvements over them.

audigy

Im using the audigy, currently, because I had some serious sound issues with my A7V266-E asus board with onboard sound.IE: distortion, crackling game stability, and it wasnt overclocked either. But ill ready, and ill try it, no biggie, just switching around plugs:)

Hold The Phone!

now i did some reading and found this about the asus board

The A7N8X uses an onboard Realtek® ALC650 audio CODEC that lets you enjoy high-quality 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards. .

And this from Toms:
The Realtek ALC650 and C-MEDIA CMI8738 onboard chips, on the other hand, have trouble keeping pace. This is mainly due to the fact that they operate with soft audio. This implies that the audio driver keeps addressing the CPU, causing it to waste precious time in sound management. The effects are noticeably explicit - there is a performance drop of 14 to 15% in all three games. We confirmed this with another kind of game, Rally Sport Challenge, where changing to a sound card drastically improved its performance.

One thing's for sure: conventional onboard sound is hazardous for performance levels and, paradoxically, it costs a lot of money. Some folks may not believe this, but it is a fact! Now there's something to think about.

So, my conclusion, If asus is using the realtek chip on the deluxe board, as their site says, then it would be going backwards to go to onboard sound. it seems the audigy 2 would be the way to go. atleast if the chip on the deluxe is a realtek

Ok, ill try. I know my a7v266-e (which is an altogether different MOBO used the realtek) and it wasnt to good.
I hope so, Ill pull the audigy anf replace my wifes soundbalter live with it and come off looking like a great guy.:D

Give it a shot. It might just clear up your issues. Of course BF19423 has a lot of hardware issues, so this may not be the solution, but it is definitely worth trying.

Besides, the onboard sound really is incredible. Trust me.

I was so pleased when I just built this A7N8X Deluxe system. I only have ONE card in the system. A GF4 Ti44200. Nothing else, nada, no network card, no soundcard, no firewire or USB 2.0 card.

The motherboard is expensive, but you get EVERYTHING you could want. That's why I chose it.

Back