• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how max from 8k3a?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jelen

Registered
Hello i have Epox 8K3A revision 1.1 with 6 channels sound. I will be buy A 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB09 or 10. So i have question for users Epox 8K3A and A1700 TBread B0. I know this cpu has unlocked multipiller and normaly we can pu multpiller up to 12.5x when motherboard reading L3 bridges. I dont know my motherboard reading it. So I writing this thread for you users how max multpilller you can put on this cpu at 8k3a without any mods on cpu... ?? and with which bios? what bios is the best? 2B01??...
sorry for english :(

From what I've read the multipliers are unlocked to 12.5.. If you want higher you have to "cut" one of the L1's..
I just bought a 1700b and this weekend I'll be putting it in an 8k3a+.. I can't wait to see the results.. It might be a more stable, less fickled set up that this one..

I don't need the upper's anyway.. More fsb is better. I usually run my rigs at 12.5 and lower on the multipliers and up on the fsb..

OnDborder said:
More fsb is better.
yeach tahts right but by 256mb Elixir DDR 6ns Memory does not working with agresive timmings on Big FSB. Look DLT3C 09 working on 2.5Ghz so i can put max on 2,5/2/5/2/1T 190mhz FSB synchro quz memory doesnt want more :( than 12,5x190 =2375mhz It's good but CPU can more... I need more multipillers I thinking I'll cut Bridges with electric trick

I have the same mobo as you, with an XP2100+, it's the rig in my sig.

Have you tryed either more volt on the ram or tryed relaxing the settings?

With my Corsair XMS-27100 I have 2.8 volts going through it with Turbo timmings.With active cooling on it.

Or like OnDborder said cut the bridge.

We take NO responsability for any wrong doing if the comp goes nighty night.!!!

Good luck!!

Rottys-R-Us said:
I have the same mobo as you, with an XP2100+, it's the rig in my sig.

Have you tryed either more volt on the ram or tryed relaxing the settings?

With my Corsair XMS-27100 I have 2.8 volts going through it with Turbo timmings.With active cooling on it.

Or like OnDborder said cut the bridge.

We take NO responsability for any wrong doing if the comp goes nighty night.!!!

Good luck!!
:) :) for me its normaly put 2.8V for DDR memorys :). After I had 128mb DDR Seitec PC2100 and they worked 1,5 year on 2.8V on 8KHA+ and 8K7A .Now I have 2.8V on memory too. Near I'll have TwinMOS PC3200 on 5.0ns M-tec memorys for test at www.ocmaster.com

OnDborder said:
So do you have active cooling on your nb?
And what are you using to cool the cpu?
NB cooled by Volcano II and CPU is Watercooled. But now on D600@912 and 152/190mhz async for memorys @2,5/2/2/5/2/1T with 2.8V on stock cooler at NB

hey what temps are you guys running at?
- my 2100+ on an 8k3a+ seem so be really hot, and im jsut wondering if its accurate.

w00tstock said:
hey what temps are you guys running at?
- my 2100+ on an 8k3a+ seem so be really hot, and im jsut wondering if its accurate.

Hi there, you might want to "search" for this topic. There seems to be an issue with the temp sensor read of the tbreds on the 8k3a's..

Back