• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would Fuzzy Logic be a good start??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Monstermile

Reading through the manual for my new m/b (KT4 Ultra) I was checking out the features of Fuzzy Logic 4. Being as I have never experimented in any form of overclocking would this be a good start?? Or should I not bother and do everything in BIOS. If so what would be the benefit of using BIOS over FL4.

Thanks

I can only offer that when I decided to overclock my CPU on my KT3 Ultra2, I gave Fuzzy Logic 4 a try just to see what it could do.

It overclocked my CPU to 157MHz x 11.0 @ 1.60 @ 41°C and created a Turbo button that stores the settings for switching to the Turbo mode. My system isn't stable above 150FSB at this time, but I was actually impressed that this program got my CPU that high on it's own.

Main drawback to fuzzy logic: it doesn't alter the pci/agp dividers.

It also only tests for stability for a few seconds at each FSB setting before moving on to the next higher tick.

I would say it was a good place to start, if you understand how the BIOS work and the settings to change then you will be OK. The only advantage you have got with Fuzzy Logic as soon as you hit save it makes the changes there and then with out you rebooting. Where as in the BIOS you have to reboot every time you make a change.

Yeah that is true I hate rebooting and rebooting when i overclock I normally just remove everything from start up (you know under MSCONFIG) that i dont need so it is loads faster at loads and then when I have got it a reasonable speed and im happy with it I format the comp and then reinstall windows again

Back