• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Wont Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeffhart

Registered
When we turn on the computer nothing happens, the fans work, the hard drive spins, but the mouse wont turn on, monitor wont turn on, keyboard wont turn on. Cant hear anything boot either. we have tried almost everthing! we have a biostar mobo. Need help please!

We did clean everything and also reseated everything! Any other ideas? :confused:

no POST

See if the motherboard is loose, or remove it and remount it. I'd clear CMOS for about an hour, perhaps even remove the battery before I'd give up on it.

How exactly do you clear cmos? just leave the jumper in clear? and thats it?

the other night I installed a new PSU and didn't notice a small 2 pin fan connection touching the case which was causing my machine to not power up.

It wasn't until I was removing excess connections that I noticed it.

Just a thought...

As was mentioned, I would check to make sure the mobo is seated correctly. A standoff of the back might be touching something it isn't suppossed to, that can cause some problems.

In this case to make sure that you fully clear the CMOS, move the jumper over, and remove the battery, and unplug the power supply, let it sit for a good period of time, an hour would be good as Arkaine suggested. Then put everything back, and give it a shot. Good luck, hope it brings your board back to life :)

Back