• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 Post Beeps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

willlangford

Hello, i was overclocking trying to get an idea what i can do before i start stability testing. and the bios died. so i put in the new chip and then now i am gettting these long beeps over and over again. i have tried both bios's and 2 different cpus. can someone help me.

thanks,

~Will

willlangford said:
Hello, i was overclocking trying to get an idea what i can do before i start stability testing. and the bios died. so i put in the new chip and then now i am gettting these long beeps over and over again. i have tried both bios's and 2 different cpus. can someone help me.

thanks,

~Will
how do u know the bios died? what did you do b4 u switched the bios. u might have just needed to clear the cmos

Explain where exactly the bios is hanging at, ie. the message on the screen. Long beeps for me usually indicates the gates for the system ram aren't properly closed. Check the gates for the ram. If the gates seem ok, then try goofing with the ram placement. Try one ram only in the primary gate. If that doesn't work, try the other ram in the primary gate. If that doesn't work then get some ram from another computer (yours or a friends) and stick it in the board. IF the computer works then the ram you have is either defective, not supported, or requires lower default setting in the bios in order to work (same as being defective anyways). If the computer doesn't work with the other ram then its either a defective bios, or a defective ram gate, either way you may need to RMA the mother board. Also try sticking the ram you have in other computers and see if they post. Also if both of the ram work in the primary gate but won't work in either of the secondary ram gates then your auxilary gates are defective, RMA the board.

TRY all of this and you should be able to figure out the problem really quickly. Just be systematic and logical in your troubleshooting and you should be able to figure out the problem easily.

This happens to me also when I try to get up around 210. I've found that sometimes if you simply flip the kill switch on the back of your psu, wait a couple seconds, turn it back on, power on, then you can at least get back into the bios. Now two things can happen after this. Sometimes, I can pick right back up where I left off. Another time, no matter what settings I used, I got the "CPU unworkable" error. When this happened I reset the optimal defaults. For some reason the bios did not reset, but I was able again to pick up where I left off.

I hope some of my bad experiences might help.

Good advice Warshed,
I recently tried to get a stick of Samsung to work with my other stick of Geil memory and I got the repeating beeps if they were on separate channels. I also got them after I removed the new memory and had to play around a little to get it to boot again. This board is picky with memory. :eek:

I get the same thing and it definately seems to be memory related. I would like to know exactly what it means though.

If it happens to me, I just remove the PSU cord, and discharge the CMOS. I've tried switching ram around, removing one stick, etc.

Very frustrating. 210? I can't even pass 160 :(

Last edited:
for me when i got the long beeps it was memory timings . i had to reboot the computer four times while holding down the insert key. that got me back into bios

Jen

SiliconX said:
I get the same thing and it definately seems to be memory related. I would like to know exactly what it means though.

If it happens to me, I just remove the PSU cord, and discharge the CMOS. I've tried switching ram around, removing one stick, etc.

Very frustrating. 210? I can't even pass 160 :(
Man you should be getting way more than 160 out of that memory
I would test it on another board and see what's up. I am running pc3200 and I'm stable at 206-208.:cool:

Yeah, I finally learned the wonders of running memory "in sync" :rolleyes:

She hit 200MHz without a complaint after setting the ratio to 6/6. She'd boot into Windows at 12*200 but failed Prime95 after the 1st test. Tried 11.5*200, failed Prime95 after an hour :(

She's running at 11*200 right now at 1.65v and has been running Prime95 since I left for work almost 3 hours ago. Just called home and my roommate says it's still running so that's good.

My watercooling system needs some serious tweaking, once I do that, I think i'll be able to go back up to 12*200 since I think the heat is the culprit. She runs about 50C at full load because I really didn't design it properly for maximum flow.

She's running at 11*200 right now at 1.65v and has been running Prime95 since I left for work almost 3 hours ago. Just called home and my roommate says it's still running so that's good.
------------------
LOL your funny as hell, you call your comp she, and you call up your rommate to find out if it's still working, now thats a computer obsession(not that their is anything wrong with that ;)

Back