• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single CPU Opteron boards...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeph009

Registered
Does anyone know of any ATX single cpu opteron motherboards? If so can ya post some links for em. thanx

nope, i didn't even think opterons came in single processor configs. also i read this on hardocp so id i were you, i might wanna look elsewhere:
Too Bad for Opteron:

I know some of us have been excited about Opterons hitting the market and possibly giving them a go for desktop usage. With a couple of companies like Arima and MSI building retail boards, it seemed like a natural. Certainly this would have given us a clear look at what Athlon64 was all about, but you had best hold your horses. Seems as though there will only be one thing missing from the mainboards that launch on O-Day…an AGP port. Guess if you were looking to Opteron to initially fulfill your desire for the ultimate gaming or workstation rig, you had best look elsewhere, at least for now.

that sucks, someone needs to make a single cpu opteron motherboard with agp slot, that would be awesome for a desktop, dual channel ddr333, sse2, onboard mem controller, 64bit.. unf

Back