• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ or nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i want a board that i know isn't limiting my OC at all.

i want something reliable.

i don't care alot about integrated stuff because i have all the stuff i would need in PCI. (sound may be nice cause i'm going to need to fit a pump in)

i need something that can take water cooling winout any issues.

and i don't have much coin to throw around.

which of these boards would be better OR what else would be good?

First of all, if you have too many PCI cards that will limit you big time on your OCing.

Secondly...this is from a 8RDA+ owner...get a NF7-S rev 1.2 or 2.0.
Unless you feel like modding the 8RDA+ to death...and that is not a pun...

If you're not interested in onboard peripherals and want to save money why get the "s" or "+" versions? Both boards come in more basic models.

I will also add, if you are wanting a Epox board...the 8RGA+ is right up there with the NF7-S and you don't have to volt mod the VDD to achieve over 200FSB in DC...it also has the VDD voltage control in the BIOS.

Make sure you get a C1 (Crush 18D) chip or you will be sorely disappointed. Otherwise I would say NF7-S or 8RGA+ for the top choices...

So does the 8rda+ without volt mods at default voltages.Mine will run at 215 sync defailt voltages with relaxed timings allthough my ram is probably the limiting factor.

glock19owner said:
Less PCI slots used...better OC...that is why I pointed out the S version to them...
why a better overclock with less pci slots? all onboard peripherals are on the pci bus. plus the pci bus i locked on these boards

on the 8RDA+, I have learned that the less PCI slots you use the better it will handle the OCs...if I put my NIC and SC in, I can not attain over 184FSB...without any PCI slots being used I can attain 193FSB...and I have tried about every combo using the PCI slots...With just either the NIC or SC...I can achieve up to 187FSB...I am not the only one to of noticed this...heard this on AOA about the PCI slots and a few other forums...members have reported the same thing...the less the PCI slots are used the better the OC's are...

do you guys think 8RGA is a big improvement over the 8RDA and if so why. you can see in my sig i have a A7N8X and it tops out at 194 with this rig. am going to put a 2000+ paly in that machine and give it to my son and keep the ram and prossesor for myself, and i want to try another mobo with the 2100+. i was leaning
toward the NF7-S but you seem to think the 8RGA might be better. pleasr advise which one you think is best THANKS

The main reason why the 8RGA non/+ is better then the 8RDA non/+ is the 8RGA non/+ has the VDD voltage option in the BIOS..and with the 8RDA non/+ you have to do a VDD mod. Its a shot in the dark to get a non modded 8RDA+ to hit over 200FSB in DC...while on the 8RGA non/+ they can hit from 210-220 DC right out of the box.

Back