• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 or nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sambao21

which one should I go for? i know the differences like sata and soundstorm on the nf7-s, is it worth the extra $20? I don't have a sata hd, and I already have a sb live. do both overclock the same? which would you guys choose?

I was in the same dilemma, but with a tight budget, so I go for the NF7 non s. I just confirmed with my retailer and he confirmed that was an rev 1.2. Well, I just want to know if all the NF7 series are afected by the same revisions, or just the NF7-S version... the non S board owners out there could show up and say something about it??? :(

yeah, i think most nf7 are 1.2 and there are nf7-s with 2.0. my thing is that i can afford to get the nf7-s if i HAD to, but i don't see the point of spending an extra $20 unless it's worth it. so nf7-s owners, is the soundstorm and sata worth the extra money?

Well, IMHO, sata hd's are too expensive right now, but the onboard sound chip with the S board kicks major 45535!
Oh, and other thing, theres any NF7 non S board owners dealing with the bios corruption? :eek:

yeah, i don't need sata because i dont have a sata hd, the only reason i would use that is because of the thinner cables, but is that justifiable reason to get sata? i think not. and what's major 45535???

Great news Ed, tnx!! I will pay a visit to eXcaliberPC and see if they sell world wide, you know, I'm from Brazil... ;)

GameVE has it cheaper:
the nf7 v1.2 for $94 shipped and the nf7-s v2.0 for $114 plus shipping, but the shipping brings the total to $119.75

Back