• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up 8RDA+ Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDNightmare

I put in a new motherboard 8RDA+ into my new case and also was loading a new 80GIG western Digital special eddition, I load up, and boot in, and I have installed Windows98, I am trying to install my XP upgrade CD, but everytime it says "put in a disk for raid" and then it says loading systems files and then it just shuts down.. not sure whats up, I tried a different power supply. After it shuts down I hear a little noice coming from the computer like a mini siren, not sure what that is. I have 2 HD's hooked up, is it something with jumpers? not sure

hi

Bios reads 35C when I let it sit, not overheating. It's just shutting off and the siren just keeps going and going after it shuts off.

Is their a boot up disk in the floppy by chance? When I was trying to use the floppy that came with my Maxtor 60gb HD to format (which I don't suggest doing use XP) it my floppy drive was bad and the light would come on and stay on with the system hung in the bios. I would then have to force it to shutdown and the siren would come on then.

All I can say for sure is that siren will come on when something forces the computer to shut down while in the bios.

Back