• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

onboard nic acting wierd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smesx1

Every once and a while the onboard nic decides to not let me get on the internet. i have to disable it , unplug it , plug it back in, and then enable it and it comes back on. Should i just use a pci nic or what, whould that get rid of this annoying problem??

Have you checked the cable? I had that problem but I found that it was my CAT5 cable doing that. I gotta redo that cable. :(

If that's not it, then I'm lost - haven't had that prob.

i shure hope its not the cable because its a 50ft cable running through a false ceiling to our router. It was a ***** to install.

Does the cable run parallel to any lights fluroescent lights in the cieling?

yes it does, would that interfere with it in some way. Its probobly about 3-4ft away from a big florecent ceiling light. And it also runs by another one.

I was just wondering, do you have I high number allocations sharing the IRQ5 and IRQ11? [check using run then msconfig32]. I'm having a similar problem and was wondering if the same might be true for you smesx1

there is nothing on irq5 and two things (nvidia nforce pci system managment, and standard enhanced pci to usb host control) on irq11. I have no idea what all that means soo....

Not to worry, ur resource allocation seems like it's is in good shape. Mine's seriously over allocated on IRQ5 and 11. I've got eleven allocations on IRQ five, and eight allocations on IRQ eleven. I'm pretty certain it's reponsible for screwing up my TCP/IP LAN and ICS protocals, cofiguring them has been impossible. Found some relief with NetBeui but that's only good for LAN.

so that isnt my problem is it???? im really thinking that it is my southbridge overheating. I have a big heatsink on it right now, but it still gets hot. It got really cold here last night and i have been having no problems with it today, but last week it was damn hot and it kept messing up all the time.

Back