• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ahhh!! Bad deal with Fry's!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtadpole

ahhh!! Bad deal with Outpost!!

What's the deal with Outpost.com and there processor shipping?:mad:
I just got my second processor from them and the processors pins are bent again!:mad: Anyone else had this? See pic---->>
cpubent.jpg

Last edited:
It was in a plastic container(I'll post pics later)with a couple of sleeves of plastic blow up packing!

This would all be fine but when they pull out the cpu, maybee for inspection or something they don't snap it back in the plastic. I snaped the one I sent back in the plastic correctly and it seems like it wouldn't move a bit. It was a tight fit. I think they must have a person who doesn't give a s@#^ packaging this stuff!!

Man!! Outpost is sure the place to get good proc.. But they need to take some package care classes!!! From Newegg!!!hahahah:D

I had one with bent pins and as I talk on the phone with my friend, his pins are bent too. Man, terrible packaging practice there:(

At least bent pins are fixable.... I accidentally dropped my P4 pins down. :eek:

I took a small flathead screwdriver and bent the pins upward. Then I went along with a small pair of needle nose pliers. I grabbed the pins from two directions 90 degrees from each other to get the pins straight up. It went into the socket with ease. I took it out to make sure than none of the pins got bent and they were all straight.

I wouldn't send it back, but I defiantly would complain about it.

I remember somewhere on the forums a guy with an Athlon CPU had his pins actauly fall off, never seen anything like it before or after. This seems to be a real downer... makes ya wish the pins were on the mobo and not the cpu.

Back