• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink fans quitting, and alarms HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eeglot

been running my new setup for a week or so, everything running great.....came home yesterday, and went to boot up, got into windows and the CPU fan, just shut down!!
Quickly re-started...booted in, everything is fine, went to access Winbond Hardware Dovtor,a nd bang, it shut the CPU fan down again.........Did a complete re-load and format of Windows XP last night............everything running great.
installed Winbond again, same thing, it shuts the CPU fan down:mad:
Never had issues with this, all of a sudden yesterday it started with Winbond. At the same time the TGM hardware monitor that is used with my TAchyon 9700 Pro, acted different. Now it will beep continuously, until you check the box to "Enable hardware monitor feature"
I took out Winbond, and am now using MBM5 and I have not had any more issues.

But I am wondering if there is a hardware problem going on here causing this? or the BIOS is acting wierd???? Or a power problem??

NF7-S BIOS 16 rev 1.2
Barton 2500
Corsair XMS pc3200 512 MB
Antec TRue Power 430 watt
Windows XP

anyone have any ideas?? Is my BIOS going south?
so far........
Windbond will cause the CPU fan to shut down when executed
Tyan TGM hardware monitor for 9700 will alarm when executed, UNTIL you check the box to enable monitoring.
Both of these programs did not do this before.
Or could it be a power issue?? The Antec true power is brand new.
The other thing is that my optical mouse stays lit up even when the computer is off, but power on back of the PSU is on, so that the LEDs on the motherboard stay lit too. I cant recall ever seeing my mouse lit up when the computer was off

HELP

well I got the monitors squared away, as near as I can tell the Windbond must have been causing some sort of corruption, and even corrupting the Tyan program somehow.

The only other issue was the mouse, it was plugged into the PS2 port via a USB adapter, and it would stay lit even when the computer was powered off. Not sure why the PS2 port was getting power while the computer is off???
I moved it to a USB port without the adapter and it seems fine now.
Any ideas about the PS2 port?

sorry for off topic, but nice car Jeff;) I myself have a 91 GT Vortech S/C 10.7 @ 129 MPH 1.53 60ft, dynoed 515 RWHP 474 RWTQ:D

Thanks for the info, I thought I was going to loose my mind with that Winbond, using MBM 5 now and the problems went away

cheers

hey, nice car yourself! ;) Mine doesn't have a power-adder yet.......YET. hehe. I have a TDC Twin Turbo Kit on order as we speak. They have to round up all the parts and ship it to me....so its gonna be like 9 months before they even get it to me. anyways......im in the process now of building a stout block for it. Looking for 700 hp :O

Jeff7477 said:
hey, nice car yourself! ;) Mine doesn't have a power-adder yet.......YET. hehe. I have a TDC Twin Turbo Kit on order as we speak. They have to round up all the parts and ship it to me....so its gonna be like 9 months before they even get it to me. anyways......im in the process now of building a stout block for it. Looking for 700 hp :O

yep........I am running an Anderson PMS, and I could have made more power on the dyno @ 14 psi boost, but I stopped at 515 because of the stock block:eek:
check it out when you get a second.......looks a little different now, it has had a paint job and a new Cobra R hood added
http://www.yarmouthautosales.com/stang91.html

Back