• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7 non S bios corruption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiracleMan

Hi there! With my non s on the way, I'm just afraid to face this bios corruption plague. Since I'm far, far away, I wuill just have a bad tame (and taste in the mouth) if my mobo dies. :eek:
So the question: did non S mobos are getting corrupted too or this is just happening to S mobos? :eek:

The BIOS chips are the same therefore..... the problem is on the non-s models also. If you are careful with changing certain settings in your bios you shouldn't have any problems with it.

By carefull do you mean modifying one setting at time? I need to save & exit and reenter bios or boot into os? Can I just hit F10 after any changes?
Another info I found about it, that the corruption happens mostly whem messing with various settings plus high fsb.
Plz, I need this info cause if I got this corruption I will get almost a month without my computer...

Yeah, I do browse abitusa foruns as well. This thread are a must, but somehow it still not updated...

treepop said:
OMGoodness.....thank the heavens for the rev 2.0
I don't know about that, if you read some of the threads regarding the problems people have had with the rev. 2.0s it doesn't sound like they(Abit)got it right yet!:cool:

no they don't my board is F_ED up now, and i think it's corrupted bios. It's either the Mobo or CPU and i doubt its the cpu, its a 1.6v chip at 2.4ghz 1.8volts i seriously doubt the chip is to blame, we will see, i get some artifacting freezing, anyone know if thats the bios?

No, it's likely not. That corruption described here is about the complete failure of bios capability to boot up. When you got this corruption, your mobo is dead... :eek:

I was told to not change too many things in the BIOS at once. I just change one thing at a time and only small changes.

No problems yet. Had a couple times where it wouldn't even boot, just beeps. So I just discharged the CMOS and no problems.

Buy the NF7-S Survival Kit from eXcaliberPC for some peace of mind :D

I seem to have gotten a decent bios chip on my rev. 1.2, I have managed to get the "siren shutdown' and was able to get going again on the 1st try, I also experienced the "blue line" bios screen and recovered from that as well. My spare board is still sitting in its box, bet if I sold it my bios would die, lol :D

won't kill the thread, i traced my problem down to a small water leak on the AGP slot, damn thing felt like it was vid card related, only i switcheed the vid card, little did i know..... anyways sorry for ruining your thread.

If your paranoid spend the 20$ and get a bios survival kit ;) it's a good deal.

I hope you have good results with it from here! You wouldn't be the 1st person that thought they had a bios corruption problem, ever since word got out about it Everyone thinks it's going to or has happened to them. The way I see it, the board is under warranty so I will flog it to death. If I can't kill it, it has passed my test. :eek:

And I'm still waiting mine 1.2 arrive, but it should arrive next wednesday . Ow gosh, if I could go back in time and choose the Abit KD7...

MiracleMan said:
And I'm still waiting mine 1.2 arrive, but it should arrive next wednesday . Ow gosh, if I could go back in time and choose the Abit KD7...
That's what I said! I actually missed out on a KD7-Raid for $50 because ebay was malfuntioning and ended the auction 2 minutes early so I didn't get my bid in!:mad:

New beta bios 1.7

Well, I got my NF7 rev1.2 in my mailbox today.
Tonight I will flash it to the leaked 17 bios. Lets pray that it resolves that corruption with the same saving method of the rev 2.0 board (wich aren't corruption free yet...) :cool:

No, the KD7 boards and any other KT400 from other brands do not have this bios corruption. And it's not a problem just of the fine manufacturer Abit, it's a design bogus fron nforce2 chipsets. Yes, I know about nVidia reference boards and all about that fsb reset jumper. But Abit and nVidia are working hard to solve this isse, and if there's any way to work it out, they will release one updated bios that will correct or at least minimize.

I'm running my NF7 with the leaked beta bios 17, and until now, that's the best board I ever had. Just crossing my fingers... :p

Back