• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are some known probs with the 8rda+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kent_b29

I'm thinking of getting a new MB sometime and was thinking about getting the 8rda+, but would like to know what issues this board has. Before wasn't it killing GF4's? Was that resolved? Is there anything else I should know about this board? Didn't EPOX release a bios that solves the NForce2 bios corruption problems? I would be getting this to replace my Abit nf7 version 1.0 which i don't llike because I can't oc worth crap on it and it undervolts the chip by as much as .05.

thanks,
Kent

It never killed any gf4, it turned out to be that some people hadn't been careful enough and broken of a small transistor on the back of their card because the card comes very close to the dimm slot.

Epox also undervolts, but then again you can crank the voltage up to 2.2 V so it doesn't really matter.

Basically.. all nForce2 boards have the same issues, since it's the same chip. Minor issues though if you ask me, and most of them can be resolved.

BIOS corruption has also been the problem for some, has worked without any problems for me..

Actually my 8rda overvolts some. In the bios I've got it set to 1.875 and USDM reads it as 1.920. Maybe it's different for different boards or revisions.

My board had an issue with Crucial PC2700 ram (wouldn't go 166 fsb) so I changed to Twinmos/Winbond ram and running 185Mhz fsb now.

Back