• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volt Mod Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kfunk

I'm thinking of doing some volt mod but I had a question. If you do volt mod, can you change the voltage in bios?

Most volt mods increase the default voltage and leave any adjustment range in bios alone.

Example:
vcore on Epox 8KHA+ (my board ;)) default 1.75v, range +/- .1 volt
lowest voltage of 1.65, highest 1.85
volt mod- solder resistor to mobo- increased default to 1.95
lowest voltage of 1.85, highest 2.05

Caution- your mileage may vary!
I am no volt mod king, so there may well be mods that set voltage and lock it, but none of the ones I've done did.
Of course I have done quite a few volt mods with pots for extra adjustability too :D

Don't think it shows as 2.05 in the bios, although if you look at your pc health monitor it might say 2.05v if that is what you select your cpu to run at i.e. 1.85=2.05, 1.75=1.95 and 1.65=1.85. rogerdugans can correct me if i'm wrong has he as already done this volt mod.

As I recall, iceman is correct- but I haven't messed with that for a while: most of my rigs are dedicated distributed computing machines, and this one I have (for once!) been trying to see what I can do with an XP chip withOUT volt mods ;)

I never used bios reporting much anyway- just set and boot into the gui and then track temps/volts.

Back