• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/6 divisor on abit KD7 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

Looks like they may have to put one on there.

I just saw this at neowin ,

AMD will indeed release a version of its Athlon XP with a 400MHz frontside bus, mobo maker Abit announced this morning. AMD has yet to announce such a part itself.

However, Abit's press release, issued today and headed "Abit engineered motherboards support the new AMD Athlon XP 333 and 400MHz Barton CPUs", says the company has unveiled "the 400MHz FSB Barton 3000+ and 3200+". So expect an announcement from AMD shortly...

The 400MHz FSB Barton-based Athlon XP was recently revealed by Japanese Web site PC Watch to have appeared on AMD's internal roadmap. Last week, a company representative told Ace's Hardware that AMD was "evaluating" a 400MHz FSB. PC Watch said the chip would operate with a performance rating of up to 3200+, now confirmed by Abit. In the meantime, Abit would also like you to know that its AT7 Max 2, KD7 and NF7 mobo families are ready to support the new chip.

Wouldn't that mean that have to put a 1/6 divisor on the kt400 boards ?

Neowin is most likely incorrect with their information regarding the 1/6 divisor on the KD7 - RAID, even the KT400A WILL NOT have the 1/6 divisor. Just like the KT400 the KT400A has support for DDR400 but only when run asynchronous from the CPU's FSB. The only realy obvious difference with the 2 chipsets would be that the KT400A can run a 4/6 & 5/6 Memory ratio unlike the KT400 which was stuck with 4/6.

It is on Abit's site as well. It was a press release from Abit that was posted on neowin. They didn't say it would have a 1/6 , they said it would support the 400mhz barton's coming in the next month or so.

YOU MEAN THIS? I wouldnt be so sure with that release, a closer look at the chart they released doesn't show a 400FSB chip in there.

ABITCPUCHART.jpg

I hope it does but 400FSB chips on the KT400 running at their rated FSB will be nothing short of a miracle. This looks like another marketing error on ABIT. I sure hope I am wrong on this 'cause have the KD7 - RAID.

I thought the same thing when I saw the chart , but the text seems to say something different . I guess we will see.

Back