• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

returning my Zenith

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grindee

Man, i didnt realize that this board sucked so bad....i cant even go above 166fsb, its a pos, i dont even think the pci lock works on it, or else it would oc better. Peace.

the only sure thing will be a C1(A1) northbridge revised mainboard. All the A2 and some A3 chips were never meant to run very high. Looks like Nvidia is pulling another fall and spring release stunt with the Nforce2 Chipset.

Remember when Nvidia would release a slower than expected gpu in the fall and then work on refining it for 6 months then call it a new product. Tnt > Tnt2 , Geforce > Geforce2, Geforce3 > Geforce4.

The only difference in this case is Nvidia's being quiet about it and not changing names and charging more for C1 northy.

If you are on a budget and want a bullet fast board with no extras, check out the Soltek Sl-75FRN2. They have been known to have the C1 stepping.

Back