• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and flashing bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogetadbl

The Epox homepage says that I can't have any overclocked PC to flash bios so I was wondering if I get the newest bios, can I not overclock? Or does that just mean i have to set everything to default before i flash bios? Is a certain bios version better tahn the others for overclocking? What are you guys' recommendations for OCing and flashing bios?

I'm pretty sure it means to not have your system overclocked when flashing your bios. If and when I get a floppy drive I'll set mine back to default or the safe settings before flashing the bios.

Ditto.. Do not "flash" the bios while overclocked..
I go into the bios and set mine to "optimized" before and after flashing, before and after...
Then reboot and make your adjustments. I like the 3129bios. The 3305 didn't like me..

Once I flash to the newest bios, can I flash down? Also anyone have a recommendation of which bios version I should use with Twinmos PC3700 & AMD 2100+ ?

I have always flashed my bios when overclocked, but that's after making sure my system is 100% stable.
If you're not sure, put it back at stock speed.

I believe the warning is there as a safeguard. You see the warning about not shutting down or restarting the system while a Bios Flash in in progress ? Ignore this and disaster will strike !An overclocked system can crash and shut down durring the flash. The system is most stable at stock Multi ,FSB and voltage settings. Why chance a crash ?

Twister said:
I believe the warning is there as a safeguard. You see the warning about not shutting down or restarting the system while a Bios Flash in in progress ? Ignore this and disaster will strike !An overclocked system can crash and shut down durring the flash. The system is most stable at stock Multi ,FSB and voltage settings. Why chance a crash ?

Exactly. I have always flashed my bios with my overclock and never had any problems but like you said, an overclocked pc can crash and it will when you least expect it.

Back