• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2.0 Posted at 240 FSB @ 2640 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I am so impressed with this nForce2 board. I can't wait to get the OS installed and see what it can do stable!

One question tho. I could post at 240 FSB x 11, but not at 240 x 10.5 or even 240 x 9.5. It would post every time at 240 x 11 tho.

Any idea why it wouldn't like multipliers of x.5?

Not sure when this starts happening as time tonight is a bit limited, but it will post with x.5 multipliers closer to stock.

Thanks for the help.

240Mhz... wow.

Maybe those issues are just related to the bios or chipset. It seems as if there are still a few bugs in these things. Which bios are you using? Some people have said that you can't use bios 16 with rev. 2.0, but it doesn't say anything about that on the Abit site I don't think.

see sticky at the top i think that it could be because of apic

however, on my mobo (rev 1.0) i can do every single mult EXCEPT 10.5 w/ apic disabled it is reallll weird

After OS installation the problem went away, but the bios coruption people have been talking about started. I'm not sure what bios I'm using, but apic is enabled. I'll see which bios it shipped with.

Finally got everything stable and pretty optimized. 225 fsb, anything higher wasn't stable at any voltage (using 1.9v). The default is 1.6v tho I thought it was 1.4v? Its 225 x 11 for 2475 mhz (2v), although it reads 2464 when it posts, is it really 2475 or 2475? Not that it matters much, this board kicks ***! Ram is running 2-2-3-5 @ 450 (that 3 took a while to trak down) @ 2.9v.

17.6k 3dmark and could easily break 18k if I gave a crap about 3rdmarks, but it is a good test for stability.

In the words of the Simpsons comic book guy:

Best board EVER.

Emericana said:
see sticky at the top i think that it could be because of apic

however, on my mobo (rev 1.0) i can do every single mult EXCEPT 10.5 w/ apic disabled it is reallll weird

So are you pretty happy with your 1.0 ?

Just how bad is it ?

Hmm, I was thinking that something had happened to my unlock on the xp 1600+ causing 10.5 not to work. Guess not. I have apic disabled as well.

BTW, results look nice Noob. My nf7 v2 was delivered today. Hoping I'll see similar results.

Cúchulainn said:
Hmm, I was thinking that something had happened to my unlock on the xp 1600+ causing 10.5 not to work. Guess not. I have apic disabled as well.

BTW, results look nice Noob. My nf7 v2 was delivered today. Hoping I'll see similar results.

Judging by the red in your sig you did it and then some. What kind of voltage are you using on the NB?

Btw, did I forget to say, THESE BOARDS KICK @SS!!!

I ordered mine today for my work system , time to get rid of that k7s5a. Now should I get a 2100 or a 1700 for it ? Decisions , decisions .........:p

my 2.0 (hopefully) shipped out today :D

should have it mon/tues

can't wait for 220fsb or better :D

Mine will post at 250 with 3-2-2 cl2 but windows is a no go.

Best score right now is this

3513.JPG

I'll be getting a rev 2.0 on monday to replace my 4th rev 1.2.

With brand new OCZ el-ddr pc3500 256 meg sticks (paired), I could only reach 208mhz at 2.7 vdd on my rev 1.2 with crappy timings, 6332.

Is ocz that bad or is my motherboard holding me back?, I could only hit like 185mhz at 6222 settings on bios. Not good for such expensive ram. I feel cheated.
:D

I sure hope this ram is not that crappy and that the Rev 2.0 lets me get high fsb..

I'll let you guys know my results.

I've had some pretty good results with the nf7 v2 I got earlier this week. Though as deathstar13 and perhaps some others have mentioned, there seems to be a big difference in the fsb you can run prime95 and 3dmark/games stably. The difference seems to be quite a bit more pronounced than with the 8rda+ from my experience.

With brand new corsair pc3500 I was able to run prime95 at 233fsb. To run 3dmark I had to knock it down to 230fsb. However, one of the primary purposes for this machine is gaming, specifically ut2k3, and it wouldn't hardly do more than my vdd modded 8rda+ without crashing pretty quickly.

Even though the corsair ran memtest86 fine at its rated speed and timings I decided to swap in my twinmos pc3200 and see if it would do better. The twinmos indeed is doing much better and I have been able to play ut2k3 for as long as I can stand it at 222fsb (2-2-2-5). Of course it will still do prime95 at a higher fsb but the difference is a bit better.

With this board I've started to play a few games of ut2k3 first to test stability before running prime95 ;) Still, it's frustrating not being able to let seti run at 236fsb when I'm not gaming unless of course I want to change it in the bios each time I play. And this is always dual channel. I haven't noticed enough of an fsb gain running single channel to justify not using it.

So no one is having the bios issues with the NF7-S rev. 2.0? Do all those issues seem to be solved or is it still advisable to be careful and change only one bios setting at a time?

I've had a lot of no boots with this nf7 as I'm trying to push it pretty hard. Some pretty anxious moments at mid 230's fsb but it has always come right back with a simple cmos reset. I was hot flashing my 8rda+ pretty regularly.

I just got my rev. 2.0 today, won't have time to install it until tomorrow though. I think I'll be cautious with the bios, but I won't be pushing it as hard as you anyway because I'll be limited by the memory. I'm just hoping that all these bios issues are gone for good with this revision, as I don't have a backup bios chip.

Back