• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 or EPoX EP-4PEA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

My choice have fallen on one of those 2 motherboards and i have somethings i needto know.

Does both of those boards have AGP/PCI lock?
How high Vcore does the Gigabyte and EPoX have?
Does the Gigabyte really have Gigabit LAN?

Wich of those to boards would u guys chose, and yes i want to OC :)

Because i ask is that i realle need a good board there can OC.

GA-8PE667 Ultra 2. Go with this mobo since it does have AGHP/PCI Lock and it will support FSB upto 355Mhz.

people are taking it upto 160 FSB easily on default voltage i maybe wrong (since i am also like you learning about intel based system myself) but max you can take is 1.73 (please correct me if i am wrong)

I´m really confused, about what board i shall pick, shall i go for the GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 or for the SINXP1394 wich of those 2 boards are best OC and does the SINXP and GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 HAVE AGP/PCI lock?

4PEA+ rocks for OCing. Dunno about the Gigabyte, but based on my experience with other Gigabyte boards, I'd say that the EPoX is by far a better choice.

YES =)
it does have the PCI/AGP lock
btw I have this board currently its at 192FSB with my P4 2.4b

I seen in a review that supposedly the VAGP in bios isnt really the AGP voltage, its the chipset voltage?!?
so...I am trying to find this out for sure.

Back