• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem Install windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adam5150

I used to have a K7s5a PRO motherboard and when i had it installed my video card drivers, software, games, and all that other junk but i had a problem with my computer overheating so i exchanged it for a SOYO Kt400 Dragon Ultra, and i didnt reformat before i installed my soyo motherboard.

Now i am trying to re install windows on my new motherboard and its giving me a stupid message saying "Windows has detected a problem and will now shut down to prevent causing damage to your computer" meaning that i have to format before i can re install windows but it wont let me format! It gives me that message! Can someone help me get passed this message?!

Try booting into the setup from the CD (set your cdrom drive to boot first in your bios) instead of running it from windows. You should be able to format from there.

or keep your boot devises normal (ie floppy, CDROM, hard disk, other) and boot up using a Windows 98 Start up floppy, as this will use the Command.com on the floppy it will not see the disk to boot from.
at this point fdisk, add the partitions you want reboot and boot up using you XP CD and when prompted convert the disk to NTFS.
Problem solved

do you have the hard drive hooked up to a raid controller? if so,you will need the drivers for the raid..xp will prompt you to press f6 if you have any 3rd party drivers that may need to be installed..

had the same problem myself.
solved by shifting hd from raid to ide, installing winxp, then installing the mobo raid (soyo installation cd) and finally shifting the hd again on raid.
and now the pc recognises your drive.
OR (better and simplier) put the raid drivers on a floppy disk (download these here: http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2033 ; are the fixed version of those in the installation cd, that give a problem when you try to install them during winxp installation), start the damned windows installation, press F6 to allow external drives, press S when asked, and then windos xp finally reads the promised drivers.
f....d.
don't say thanx, i'm a philanthropic guy.

hi.

Back