• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice on a good board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
AMD Athlon XP1700+ 1.47GHZ 384K 266 Tbred (TRAY)(JIUHB:0310UPMW)
Model # AXDA1700DLT3C 1.5v
i plan to get that chip so what board should i go with? is the nfocre2 boards worth it? i hope to oc this chip to atleast 2.5ghz
do the abit amd boards undervolt like the intels? and the asus amd overvolt like the intels?

AZN

I was going to upgrade to a KT400 based board recently but for a few $$ more I opted for the Abit NF7-s. The Kt400 boards have been around for a while now and most problems have been sorted out. the Nforce2 boards are still going through their problem phase, but are very good boards.
It really depends on how much $$ you are willing to spend, I've been seeing some good deals on Kt400 and NF2 boards, although some are refurbished and a lot of people would say steer way clear of them, i'm not one of those people!;)

The refurb boards from neweggs are usually the earlier revision. Thus it is never that great to buy a board that is still int eh trouble sorting phased refurb ^^

I will recommend the Epox 8rda+ or the Abit NF7-S. Epox is a bit cheaper, Abit has a few additional features. It's really up to you but those are ones you should look into before buying, in my opinion.

Back