• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What thehell is wrong with the ethernet?!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

I can get my 8rda+ ethernet to work! Bam i stick one of my ethernet cards into the board and it works fine, but the board doesnt recognize it and gives me nothing.... Do i have to configure it somehow? I have the latest nforcre drivers so its not that. And when i stick a cord in the socket the lights ont he board go on...hmm im stumped.

did you install the drivers from the cdrom that came with the board? There should be some nic driver there or on Epox's website.

You may have to enter your MAC address in setup. It's on the sticker on your 4th PCI slot.

Should work with any MAC, whenever the BIOS is reseted, te LAN gets a new MAC.
Lazlo, what exactyly is your problem ? Can you be more specific ? Do you use the onboard LAN connected to a cable modem or a switch or something else ?

It sounds like some drivers or cards are conflicting somewhere. I had a sort of similar problem with an onboard sound card and soundblaster card. With both drivers installed for them they would not work. I disabled one of the cards and the other work. I would first install the proper drivers and then disable any unused network devices.

Alexandrus said:
Should work with any MAC, whenever the BIOS is reseted, te LAN gets a new MAC.

I meant in the motherboard setup. If onboard LAN isnt working correctly it can help.

Back