• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next IT7 max2 v2 bios release

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Does anyone have any idea when we will see the release of the next IT7 max2 v2 bios? I sure many things could be improved or added like apg voltage selector. Could it be that because you already own the board you will get nothing more now.

I dont't think that the BIOS-level AGP voltage selector will be available via a future BIOS update, because this board lacks the hardware support of this function.

BTW BIOS updates are mainly released for fixing compatibility problems. If you have some specific problem with your board, and you think a BIOS update couldt fix it then go email Abit, and if this is a frequent problem there's a good chance they will release an updated BIOS to fix it...

regards

R.

Last edited:
There are problems actually. The onboard HPT374 controller hates the Audigy 2 soundcards. I have heard of a few other peoples have problems with this.
This is the reason I have only the one raid array.

There are problems actually. The onboard HPT374 controller hates the Audigy 2 soundcards. I have heard of a few other peoples have problems with this.

What problems are people having?

Since by the looks you have a IDE raid, try adding on another drive with your sata channel. Then do a large file transfer while listening to a mp3, do it between your raid drive and your other drive on the HPT374 controller.
What will happen is the sound will grabble with a horrible digital screeching noise, your file transfer will take hours to transfer, your cpu usage will be on 100%.
Not only that, you can get this problem happening at anytime, be it loading into window or playing a game. And not only that!, your disk performance will be reduced by about 33% at all times.
I have looked into this extensively, so im sure about this. Theres not much that can be done about this. I have tryed all the sound, HPT374 drivers and even all the mainboard drivers including the mod bios. Its a damm complex problem, finding a solution or fix to this doesnt look good.

I forgot to mention that even with just a single raid connected you can get pops and cracks/click noises while doing a large file transfer. This is very hard to hear these since they are only very slight. Not much to worry about.
Even though I have not tested disk performance with a single raid and onboard sound card, I suspect that performance is slighty less when using raid and audigy sound card.
One thing is for sure there are major problems when using over 2 channels of the onboard raid controller in conjuction with the audigy 2 sound card.

microfire said:
I forgot to mention that even with just a single raid connected you can get pops and cracks/click noises while doing a large file transfer. This is very hard to hear these since they are only very slight. Not much to worry about.
Even though I have not tested disk performance with a single raid and onboard sound card, I suspect that performance is slighty less when using raid and audigy sound card.
One thing is for sure there are major problems when using over 2 channels of the onboard raid controller in conjuction with the audigy 2 sound card.

Are you sure this is not a software/driver/OS related problem?
What OS do you use?
Also try to remove the Audigy card and see if the problem appears while using the onboard audio...

regards

R.

XP pro I use.

I can't be 100% sure is its software/drivers/op system. Thats why I hope there is going to be some type of fix.
I did notice that when ghosting one raid0 to the other raid0 drives, transfer speeds were slower than they should be. So that could eliminate software/drivers/OS.
Yes I have tryed with the onboard sound while the audigy 2 was disconnected, there are no problems what so ever in this configuration. Add the audigy 2 card and there is
Like I said before, I tested extensively and found no solution. I must of spent about 2 weeks of my free time doing so. I tryed every possible combination.
Trust me there are problems. So look out peoples with IT7 max2 v2 and audigy 2 card. That only if your planning on going full out with drives on your onboard raid controller. Beware if your using an audigy 2 sound card.
Check my sig, I use to have duel raid0 setup, now I only have one. I had to move my other two ide disks on to regular ide channel with the dvdrom and cdrw.
What it comes down to is this.. if you have to go through this amount of BS and still don't find a solution to something thats should be otherwise fine, then there ARE problems.
Theres nothing else to say.
I just hope Abit next bios will help. Im not crossing my fingers though.

So, we're getting closer to the solution... :)

It seems your Audigy card conflicts with the onboard RAID controller. I'm still not sure this is Abit's fault, and they could fix this problem via a BIOS update, but who knows.
Please email this problem to Abit tech support, because if they don't know about a problem, they cannot fix it...

regards

R.

Yep, its sad :(

They conflict somehow, even though they don't share the same IRQ in the bios or the in OS

Already emailed them about it. I can't see anything happening since its likely that there is not enough peoples running audigy2 in conjuction with 3-4 hardrives on the raid controller. Like you said, it might not be their problem.

The onboard sound stinks compared to the clean crisp sound of the audigy 2, so it looks like I be staying with the audigy 2. The way I have my system configured now is ok for the mean time. One day soon I hope to use my harddrives in other configurations like the two 60gb drive in a raid1 array.

Wow, your right, what a mess. I tried it as you described and yes, very slow and corruption occurred. I knew something was up when I ran hdtach and saw that my transfer speeds were slower(24k? wtf?) than a single drive.

I ran it before I had the audidy2 and the scores were much higher(40-41K). I never ran it since I put the audigy2 card in, but after last night all I can say is that this just sucks. Well I just ordered a bh7 and back to an add in raid card I guess.

Going to pull the IT7max v2 now :( and try the bh7 and see if the raid transfer rate improves. Thanks for the heads up on this, knew it seemed like things were slower to load than before... sigh....

My second rig that my wife uses (sometimes)

Abit IT7-MAX2 V2.0
2.40B C1 @3.06 (SL6EF)
512 Corsair xms3200 @ 424Mhz 2-2-3-5
nvidia geforce3 Ti 500 (I know... I know...time for another card)
Audigy2 Platinum
2 x WD 80gig 8mb RAID 0
Liteon 52/24/52
Sony DDU1621/B2 Black 16X DVD
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 425 ATX
Lian Li PC61 Top blow hole

I do not have a problem using the onboard HPT374 controller in RAID 0 configuration with the Audigy2 Platinum card in my system. They are playing together very nicely. When I run SiSoft Sandra I get a score of 54393. The BIOS I used was from phantom punishers site. It made a world of difference. It allowed me access to higher voltages for my memory and cpu. The BIOS also added some dividers that wasn’t originally available with the stock bios from Abit.

Nomjr. Im glad that someone else has relised this.

Bald Shawdow. Like I said before your be ok when using 2 drives in a raid configuration with the audigy 2 card. Just dont add anymore drives on your controller your be asking for trouble. btw, what voltage are you using on your memory?

Back