• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ice k16v

Hi!

Now that I have some spare time I decided to find out how far could my system overclock; having a 2400+ (factory unlocked), I've tried some combinations and up to 185MHz FSB everything runs perfectly stable, even at 2405MHz.

The problem is that beyond 190MHz I start getting some weird errors that seem to be related to the graphics card, such as the screen going off and on, graphic garbage, and eventually the system crashes.

The limit that I can get WinXP to boot is 199MHz (w/ those errors), past that it posts OK but freezes while loading XP.

Here are some things I've tried:
- increasing RAM and AGP voltage (in BIOS)
- setting less agressive RAM timings (although these modules - see sig. - should have no problems running 200MHz @ 2-2-2-6-1)
- locking AGP frequency to 66MHz
- flashing BIOS 1002, 1002A and 1002A Uber
- on 1002A Uber, increasing "CHIP" voltage

None of these attempts worked, XP simply refuses to boot.

I know that some of you do that "VDD Mod" trick, but for me that's a bit risky, so it's 185MHz all I can get or is there something I'm doing wrong?

BTW, the graphics card is running stock; in fact it became pretty intolerant to overclocks (running @185Mhz FSB).

Sorry for the long text and thanks in advance for any reply! :) :)

Back