• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU to PCI Divider on KT400 Dragon Plat Ed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travioli

Registered
First time poster, long time reader. I just started adjusting the overclocking features of my Soyo KT400 Dragon Plat Ed a couple of weeks ago after I got my new heatsink (SLK-900U). I easy got the FSB to 145 with out changing any other settings but after a few days of that I wanted more. I have a locked (I plan to try an unlock it over te summer) Palomino 2000+ and I haven't found great things about their overclocking ablity. I was able to reach 150 on the FSB after much trial and error and adjusting the CPU voltage to 1.8, the DDR voltage to 2.7 and the AGP voltage to 1.6. The manual suggested changing the divider to 1/5 but i can't get it to boot with that setting. I was wondering if maybe my ram was holding me back or if other people have had problems with changing the divider. I was also wondering where i would go from here to try and reach better speeds. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.
Done the same myself, with a kt400 dragon ultra and a palomino 2000+.
Well, I think the problem is the 2000+, first because it’s not a champion of oc, and then – mainly – because is locked. I have been forced to unlock mine (losing a part of my sight in doing it …), after every other attempt to raise the fsb went failed. Now my cpu goes@10x176, 1.85 volts, with agp at 1.5 volts and my pc2700 ram at 1.6 (only for being sure; but goes stable also at 1.5). The whole thing is rather stable; only sometimes and only with certain games the pc locks. But, I repeat, the problem is the palomino; and in my case the timings of the ram, that are almost all at their best, and the heatsink, not a monster of cooling. But maybe in your case also the ram has reached its limit (I have a 166 fsb, not a 133 like you; so I cannot tell you where is your upper limit).
So now I can set the divider to 1/5, and my bandwidth is a little (…) better than before. If you want to do the same, I’m afraid you’ll be obliged to unlock your cpu, to go beyond the 151 fsb limit (as seen in the manual; but I think the limit is rather 151, or 152).
Don’t know, I’m thinking to change the palomino for a tbred, with superior oc capabilities and a minor voltage.

hi.

Right now ny Kt400 Dragon Ultra is running along nicley with my 2100B chip at 161*13 with the /4 divider.
So my busses are 80pci/40agp (or do I have that backwards?)

Dude, if you're into overclocking at all, you need to purchase an AMDXP2100+ Thourouhbred, revision B which is shipped unlocked. Newegg is actually having a sale on this chip for $85 (I bought one for $95 a month ago). Check out my specs below and here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...mit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycodevalue=4159

My overclocked AMDXP runs just as fast as their 2700 except their 2700 costs $262......ya feelin' me!?!?!?!? $262 - $85 = $177 savings to you!

Back