• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvolting on the 8INXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

I don't know if you guys noticed on your boards, but on my 8INXP my board overvolts by quite a lot. At default setting (1.525V), my actual voltage is 1.60V according to MBM and 1.618V according to the BIOS. Is there anyway to undervolt the chip in the BIOS, lowest option I see is Normal or default voltage and it won't let me go lower than that. While I may end up at 1.6V, if possible I would like to run my CPU at as low a core voltage as my overclock allows.

BTW I am using BigToe's modded F4 BIOS.

ye i noticed it too allthopugh it does not looks like it undervolts during load, do u know if it changes the cas timings like the p4g8x do when going beyond 140fsb ??

Well right now I'm running @ 166MHz with my timings at 2,5,2,2. No changes made by the BIOS. Set it at 2,5,2,2 when I initially set it up and haven't changed since.

Back